New York University (NYU) Africa House Fellowship Programs For African Academics 2024/2025 Attention students! The New York University (NYU) Africa House Fellowship now accepts applications. If you’re an undergraduate or graduate student seeking funding support for short-term fellowship opportunities, this program is for you.
Thanks to generous external donor funding, the program offers students six (6) research grants.
The fellowship provides a grant of $1,500 to two (2) students to cover costs associated with research activities to find innovative solutions that can improve people’s lives in the developing world.
The fellowship is available to undergraduate and graduate students who wish to undertake research projects in the Spring, Summer, or Fall of 2024. The research projects should be linked to the Africa House/CTED research areas.
- Economic and Political Theory
- Economic Development and Technology
- Food and Agricultural Markets
- Migration and Diaspora
- Local Governance, Cultural Norms, and Development of Property Rights
Requirements for The NYC Fellowship Program
Applicants must be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at New York University, graduating by May 2025.
- Explain how you plan to participate in the intellectual life of Africa House/CTED in the Africa House Fellowship Application Form.
- Author or co-author one (1) research paper providing findings of your research project, to be submitted to Africa House/CTED in Spring 2025.
- Present research findings at Africa House in Spring 2025.
Documents Required for Application on New York University (NYU) Africa House Fellowship Programs For African Academics 2024/2025
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Two (2) letters of recommendation (referees should email letters directly to [email protected])
- 2-3 page Africa-focused research proposal. The proposal could outline your research or a study presently underway that the fellowship will further enhance. The proposal should be written for educated readers rather than experts in your field. Submissions should include the following: research question, thesis/hypothesis, methodology/design, significance, and budget justification.
- Africa House Fellowship Application Form (upload the items mentioned above in the Google form)